Wrestling Rules - Youth Tournament Week
The Wrestling division is designed to give the kids a chance to apply their knowledge of takedowns and freestyle wrestling in a friendly competition setting whilst reducing risk of injury. There are no striking techniques permitted in this division. Matches start standing and will continue until either:
A pin occurs
A competitor leads by 10 or more points
The time limit expires
Either a wrestling singlet or approved rashguard and shorts must be worn. Wrestling boots are optional.
Mouthguard is also recommended.
- Youth 2x 3 Minute Periods
- Teens 2x 3 Minute Periods
Control must be maintained for 3 seconds to be awarded the points. If the match runs to time, the athlete with the highest score wins.
- Pin - Shoulder Blades to mat
- Takedown with torso to mat - 2 points
- Go-Behind from Turtle - 2 points
- Tilt / Gut Wrench - 2 points
- Opponent out of boudns - 1 point
Throwing by the head only, or using a joint-lock is prohibited.